Friday 14 February 2014

one way melbourne.


Haven't updated in a while, due to everything being so messy before the big move!

So today is my 3rd day in Melbourne in my new apartment, so far most things have been going smoothly. The apartment is VERY well kept and more than enough for me - I stay in my room anyways. It's located quite close to the shops and a supermarket and also walking distance to my university.

My parents flew over with me to help me settle in, and helped me buy this and that for my new place. While we were out on the streets of Carlton, Melbourne walking towards the CBD, we noticed 3 other sets of parents doing the same thing with their daughter/son.



Melbourne summer is considerably hotter than Auckland's Summers, therefore we ventured into Myers on Bourke Street to look for a fan. On Bourke Street, there are frequent buskers and street performers - there was a group covering Royals by Lorde, pavement art, a Irish band called The FitzaFrenic and many others. I think I'll spend a lot of time here on Bourke. I picked up two copies of their CD - these boys are amazing. Check them out!

We made our way into Myers and I asked a store clerk where the fans are in the massive 5 storey department store. The guy was in his 50s at least, looked of Italian descent and was very charismatic. He told me there were NO FANS LEFT and proceeded to talk to me about watching the Sochi Winter Olympics to keep me cool. We spent about an hour talking about Italian cars, Melbourne weather, grass, kettles, Hong Kong... After that he shook my hand and told me I could find him working there every Tues + Thurs and that if I ever needed anything he'd be there to lend a hand. God I love Melbournians.

Everything has been great except for the bugs here. During the Summer, bush flies like to buzz around your face non stop as you are walking down the street. I guess I'll have to get used to this. :(

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment