Sunday 27 October 2013

labour day shopping and the end of the world.

//geekery

Armageddon is an annual geeky convention held at the ASB showgrounds showcasing upcoming titles in the geeking world (games) and other exhibits including guests from anime, movies and tv, comics, merchandise for the otakus, weapons, artists and much much more. This year it got even bigger and drew an even bigger crowd..

Photos by my friend K.

Yuffie and I.

Yuffie!

And of course being Armageddon, I had to have my annual dose of corndog. We waited in line for about 30 minutes!! And they served us cold, overpriced chips. Corndog was still good though!

I went with a semi big group so I didn't get the chance to see everything. But a good tip is to BRING YOUR OWN FOOD AND WATER. Everything is expensive as poos in there. Oh and bring cash. There was a line for everything, and the single ATM machine was no exception.

Despite the sweaty, sticky and smell of geek in the crowd, I managed to have a great time and managed to pick up a little something being the geek that I am.



Next year I want to buy a sword to protect myself from the coming zombie apocalypse.

In other geekery, I finished my first commission in a very long time! A friend from overseas wanted an anime version of himself for his business card. You can see it in my art gallery. So yeah.. I guess I'm open for commission!

//ootd

NZ weather is like a box of chocolates. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU"RE GONNA GET. But today really felt like summer, which I missed out on last year since I went overseas to Hong Kong for an internship, and it was winter there. So it being nice and sunny today I dressed up in the Mirrou patterned maxi and tried on a completely new look.



So Cat inv'd me to go shopping with her and we had a bit of lunch. Couldn't help going back to MIRROU and picking up more 50% off things.. Total $14.90.


And a big flippy hat for $19.99 from Glassons. Who's ready for the beach?


//design

A bit of image dump. Work in progress of one of the final renders for my presentation.


Last post for a while... so much to do..
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment